*** IMPORTANT: PARENTS WILL NEED TO SEND TO US, PRIOR TO ADMISSION, THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE (NO COPIES), ORIGINAL SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND A PHOTO ID. THIS IS A RESULT OF NEW MEDICAID STANDARDS THAT REQUIRE THESE DOCUMENTS WHEN APPLYING FOR MEDICAID. A CHILD WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION UNTIL THESE ITEMS ARE SENT TO McCORD. ***
- 7 pairs of pants and 7 shirts. (shorts, sweatpants are included). Included in this should be clothing for exercise. Names must be written in the back of all clothes; otherwise the clothes will not be accepted. Tops that show the midriff or show cleavage, as well as shorts or skirts that are too short will not be allowed. Any article of clothing that has alcohol, tobacco or other drug paraphernalia will not be allowed.
- Undergarments, belt, socks and jacket
- 2 Toothbrushes and 2 tubes of toothpaste.
- 2 pair of shoes (1 must be a pair of tennis shoes)
- 2 bottles of shampoo/conditioner, 2 bottles of deodorant (roll-on or stick only)
- Shower shoes
- Body wash, lotion (Jergens or Vaseline Intensive Care – no perfumed or Bath & Body Works)
- Package of 10 shaving razors & shaving cream (Note: Razors will be kept locked in the Nurses Station)
- Feminine hygiene products, if female – 1 month supply (tampons, sanitary napkins, etc.)
- Plastic case/box for toiletries (size of a shoe box)
- School books or other materials if Home Schooled or in GED program.
- Stamps, envelopes, stationary for mailing letters
- Prescription for medications or statement from physician indicating name of medication, dosage, and reason for medication.
- $20.00 for replacement toiletries or to get haircut.
- Medicaid Card or Insurance Card, if applicable.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
- Any weapons. This includes but is not limited to: guns, knives, chains, razors, sticks, and scissors.
- Any tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, dip).
- Lighters or matches.
- Pencils, pens, magic markers, highlighters, paint, glue.
- Money over the $20.00 indicated above. (money will not be kept on the client. It will be locked in the agency safe until it is needed.)
- Any and all products containing alcohol. This includes but is not limited to hairspray, cologne/perfume, mouthwash, finger nail polish and remover, aftershave lotion, seabreeze, etc.
- Fingernail file or clippers.
- Food, gum, candy, or drinks.
- Any glass products.
- Stuffed animals.
- Radios, walkmans, TV’s, video games, cameras.
- Make up
- Any jewelry other than a watch, this includes earrings, rings, tongue or other body piercing.
- Fake acrylic finger nails
Please note: While this cannot be an inclusive list, the staff reserve the right to add or amend the list at any time to ensure the safety and well-being of all clients of the William J. McCord Adolescent Treatment Facility.
910 Cook Road
PO Box 1166
Orangeburg, SC 29116
Fax: (803) 531-8419